Saturday 3 December 2016

RENDER - Clearing up some things

Lena is trying out a green bikini for an upcoming fitness show when the other woman approaches her.

"Hi, you're new here."

Lena picks up that this is a statement, not a question. Lena checks out the person speaking to her pretty quickly, says "hi" pretty curtly, and resumes checking herself out.

The other woman, wearing a bikini also, gets to the point pretty quick.

"Let's roll."

Again this is not a question.

In fact it's not even an invitation. It's a statement of what's going to happen next.

Lena sighs and rolls her eyes. "Fine. Give me 5 minutes to change and I'll see you in the ring."

"I don't need to change and I don't need a ring. The mats right here will do fine."

 Now Lena is paying attention.

Ok.

Fit but not that big. Lena reckons she's got this.

-------------------------------------------

"So when was the last time you rolled with someone stronger than you were?"

Jessica shrugs, a little bit embarrassed.

"Now seriously, when was the last time you rolled with guys?"

"It's been awhile I guess."

Have you never rolled with a guy, one that had solid technique, that was stronger than you were?"

"Yeah."

"Did you manage to tap them out?"

"Yeah."

"And how did you do that?"

"By being better than them."

"Better how?"

"Faster, smarter, better technique."

Jessica is getting frustrated. She knows exactly where this is going and wishes someone would just get to the damn point.

"So trying to overpower someone that's stronger than you are doesn't work so good. You need to use better technique."

*sigh* "Yes."

"And you've gotten a bit lazy. Everyone you roll with these days; you're stronger than they are. And when someone powers up you guess you can just out-do them?"

"Ok - point made. For crying out loud you don't need to make it look that easy."

At which point there's a laugh.

"Well I've had a lot of practise rolling with someone that's stronger than me. If it makes you feel any better she is pretty good. Just not that good. But you were that stupid."

Jessica's temper rises a bit; no one likes being called stupid. "Are you going to let go of her?"

"Why should I? She hasn't tapped."

"We've talked about what I think when you pull this kind of B.S. on other people."

Lena still isn't quite sure what's going on, so Jacelyn fills her in.

"Nothing personal.  I wanted to see what you had going for myself. Now hurry up and tap out or I will put you to sleep. My girlfriend is angry and I need to make it up to her."

Lena has spent the past 15 minutes either getting swept from top position onto her back or defending an octopus that was latched onto her back. She was never even close.

Now she gets it.

Time to tap...




No comments:

Post a Comment